Inviting People to Grow in Christ's Love and Service
Worship Service 10:00 AM
Christian Education 11:30 AM
(Your request will be seen by Pastor Susan only.)
FUBC welcomes everyone who wishes to worship God. We have an inviting Sanctuary that is accessible for those with physical disabilities or hearing impairments.
* Worship: Sundays, 10:00 AM. All are welcome. Childcare is provided.
* Sunday School: Classes for all ages, 11:15 AM - 12:00 Noon (September - Mid-June)
* Weekly Coffee Hours immediately following Morning Worship in the FUBC Fellowship Room.
Adult, Youth & Bell Choirs
Handicap Accessible - Child Care - Parking
International - Interracial
Having been led to confess our faith in Jesus Christ as Lord, we joyfully recommit ourselves, through the gift of the Holy Spirit, to Him and one another.
We affirm as a Baptist Congregation our belief in the authority of the scriptures, active membership, believer's baptism by immersion, the individual ministry of every member, a church life where each person has a voice, freedom of conscience and the separation of church and state.
We recommit ourselves to the mission of Christ in the present. By the grace of God we will be a church where all who come to us in sincerity to find God's love will be welcomed. We will support Christian mission work in our own and other countries, mindful that we are a part of the American Baptist work. We will work and pray for cooperation among all Christians.
Acknowledging our gain in so many blessings and examples of personal improvement, yet aware of our inclination to do wrong and need of forgiveness, we confess our need of Christ as a savior, through whom we place ourselves into the keeping of almighty God and the promise of eternal life. Amen.
"But Jesus called for them and said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the Kingdom of God belongs.'"
First United Baptist Church has long had the tradition of nurturing children in the faith through a Sunday morning Church School staffed by competent volunteers. In addition, both volunteers and professional paid staff have nurtured youth over the years.
"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what such people do secretly."
Unfortunately, today there are those who would abuse the trust given to them. Sexual abuse of children has become a social issue of great concern. The church, because of its acceptance of all who come and the trust level expected, cannot be considered immune from the risk associated with this issue.
Therefore, to protect children and youth from the risk of abuse and volunteers from misguided accusations, and the Church from potential litigation, First United Baptist Church requires volunteers and staff working with children or youth to:
1) Complete an informational training session;
2) Complete the volunteer/staff application form;
3) Adhere to the "volunteer/staff covenant of conduct" which states:
VOLUNTEER/STAFF COVENANT OF CONDUCT
- Volunteers or staff should not be alone with a single child where others cannot observe them.
- Volunteers or staff shall never leave a child unsupervised.
- Volunteers or staff shall not abuse children including:
Physical abuse - strike, spank, shake, slap
Verbal abuse - humiliate, degrade, threaten
Sexual abuse - inappropriate touching, verbal exchange
Mental abuse - shaming, withholding love, cruelty
- Volunteers or staff will respond to children with respect and consideration and treat all children equally regardless of sex or cultural background.
- Volunteers or staff shall respect the children's rights not to be touched in ways that will make them feel uncomfortable and their right to say no. Other than diapering, children are not to be touched on any part of their body that would be covered by a bathing suit.
- Volunteers or staff shall not be alone with children at any youth events.
- Off-site trips for children and youth shall require written parental permission.
- Volunteer and staff may not be alone with children or youth (other than their own) outside the program events of the church.
- Volunteers and staff observing any child abuse must report the incident to the Pastor or Christian Education Board Chairperson.
- Volunteers and staff are required to complete an application form and read and sign this Covenant of Conduct.